With WordCamp this weekend, here’s some handy tips you’ll need to know:
- Registration is @ 8:30am and the event will commence @ 9am sharp!
- The speakers schedule and happiness bar schedule show the times that speakers and happiness volunteers are available over the course of the weekend
- Take the Bermuda Street exit,
- Follow the Bond university signs
- Map: http://g.co/maps/vskfs
Coming from North:
- Take the Robina Parkway exit (The 2nd Robina Town Centre exit)
- Turn Right at the 2nd Roundabout
- Follow the Bond University signs,
- Map: http://g.co/maps/ssb9d
Coming from the Coastal areas (Via Gold Coast Hwy): http://g.co/maps/5ckfq
Once you’ve reached Bond University
- You’ll enter via 2 large roundabouts drive straight through the first
- Turn right at the 2nd (This is the Bus Drop off zone as well)
- Coming up on the right after 100m is a (well hidden to some) turn off
- It’s requested that you park in the 2nd parking lot here (PG3) as this is the closest to the venue, and is reserved for Events usage. (If it’s full, please just park in the vicinity, being a weekend there should be plenty of parking)
PLEASE NOTE: The Google Maps satellite imagery is out of date, There’s no signs of construction work to give you a reference point!
Please park in PG3 (or vicinity) parking lot.
Train / Bus
For those of you catching Public Transport (good on you!) there’s 2 bus routes which service Bond University, 748 (Robina) & 750 (Broadbeach/Main Beach), be sure that you’re looking at the weekend schedules. It’s suggested that you aim to arrive at Bond University at 8.30 if you’re arriving by bus, as the next bus arrives at 9.10, which is when the days schedule is starting!
Once you’ve arrived at Bond university, you’re only be a short walk away from the venue. To the right of the main entrance there’s a smaller shaded path heading into the uni along one side (not along the road!) which will take you to the venue (which is inside the second set of buildings you arrive at, just follow the signs to the “Cerum Theatre”. If you’re not sure of where you are, have a look for a directions sign, there are plenty, and most people you come across will be able to give you directions if need be!
If you’re staying at a hotel which has organised a bus for transport, please check with the hotel as to the departure times of your bus.
Gold Coast Cabs: http://www.gccabs.com.au/ 131 008
Bond University is a well known location in the area, Your Cab driver should have no problems with finding the venue, Once you’re at the venue, Just follow the on-foot directions above for public transport.
Map of the venue
There’s Wifi available on the day, but it never hurts to supply your own, so please bring your own 3G wireless adapter if you have one!
We’ve arranged for there to be wireless available on the day (What would a Blogging conference be without internet access?), however, we’d ask that if you have access to a 3G connection, that you please bring it along to lighten the load on the wireless. We’ll have limited bandwidth unfortunately due to the number of you coming so every user counts! The Wireless Network and Pass-phrase will be available when you arrive (Ask at registration if you’re not sure!)
Didn’t get your ticket in time?
Don’t worry, Walk-in Tickets ARE available at the door, $50/day, Just show up (But be early and bring the correct change please!)
Early Bird Shirts
For those of you who have ordered a shirt, They’ll be available for pickup in the morning during registration. If you haven’t pre-ordered one, we have very limited number of extras available on a first-come first-serve basis, however, those who have pre-ordered will get priority.
If you’re not at registration in time, flag down one of the Organisers during morning tea and we’ll fix you up.
We’ve arranged for morning tea and lunch to be provided on the Saturday and lunch and afternoon tea on the Sunday (Check the schedule for the options)
If you’d like your morning coffee, this will be available for purchase in the registration foyer on both mornings. If you’ve got special dietary requirements (and have noted on your ticket) we’ll be accommodating you. Check with one of the organisers on the day if you’re unsure of the deal.
We’re all heading to Hotel CBD immediately after WordCamp on Saturday for a few beverages and some networking. Sunday speakers be careful how many beers you have because we need you in great form on Sunday…Saturday speakers, please drink away and be merry and all attendees can drink away to their hearts content! 🙂