WordCamp is an informal, community-organised conference that focuses on everything WordPress. Everyone from casual users to core developers come along to share their stories and make new stories.
On November 5th & 6th 2011, Gold Coast will have its very own WordCamp adventure. The event is the first time a WordCamp is being held in Queensland, and the fourth such event in Australia.
The ticket cost is only $75.00 for the whole weekend!
What you you get for the cost of your ticket:
- Access to both the Cerum Theatre and Theatre 4 where the talks and workshops will be held
- Morning Tea and Lunch on both days! (Unfortunately it’s not BBQ :()
- A funky lanyard for the event so you cherish your wonderful memories of the weekend!
- A chance to network with hundreds of Australian WordPress users, designers and developers…and even some attendees from overseas!
- That warm and fuzzy feeling inside because you bought a ticket that helped us make an awesome weekend for everyone!
WordCamps are run in hundreds of cities around the world. However, each WordCamp is unique, taking on the character of its location, organisers and attendees. WordCamp Gold Coast will have all the WordCamp staples, like a genius bar, after-party and a bucket load of great content, speakers & workshops. It will also have a few uniquely Queensland flavours that you’ll have to attend to enjoy.
About the Gold Coast
Gold Coast is Australia’s fastest growing city. With a population of only 600,000, it somehow hosts 10 million visitors each year, earning it the reputation as Australia’s playground.
Beautiful beaches, thriving night life and Australia’s top four theme parks are among the attractions that draw in these visitors. These are also the attractions that will help make WordCamp Gold Coast unique.